MAVLink with Navio 2 not working

Before creating a new thread please refer to the documentation for Navio2 and Navio+.

In case you are creating a thread about an issue it is necessary to provide following information to get help:

1. Image and ArduPilot version.
  2. Detailed problem description. How does observed behavior differ from the expected one?
  3. Your step by step actions.
  4. Picture of the setup and connection scheme.
  5. If using any additional hardware please provide exact make and model.

Hi guys,

I’m making a Navio2 and RPi3B+ drone with an FS-iA6B receiver - Using MissionPlanner.

I wanted to be able to control the drone with python scripts hence got into downloading DroneKit, pymavlink and MAVProxy to get started.

Followed through with these commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-dev python-opencv python-wxgtk3.0 python-pip python-matplotlib python-pygame python-lxml python-yaml libxml2-dev
sudo pip install future
sudo pip install pymavlink
sudo pip install mavproxy

Question 1)
When I connect through 127.0.0.1:14550 everything seems fine, but I cannot run the command arm in the MAV prompt?

Tried another command:
through the serial ports ttyAMA0 or serial0
where I add --console to the end of the command link 1 is not down and otherwise it is… What does --console do??

How can I control my drone with a python script - please guide me?
I am open to new suggestions.

Hi @sealion420,

I apologize for taking so long to get to you!

At the moment, we’re working on determining the issue with the Dronekit connection. Unfortunately, we’ll need more time on it. I’ll contact you the moment there’s any update.

1 Like

We’ve just released the new Navio2 image that should solve the issue with the Dronekit connection. You can check out the details in this community forum thread: