M2 base mode RTCM3 output old type messages?

Hi,
I initially bought the M2 in order to use it with my drone DJI P4A for PPK along with a Sokkia GNSS receiver that will be used as base station. The Sokkia has novatel OEMV board that supports only GPS-GLONASS sats but I think that this will not be an issue.
Then I realized that the M2 can act as a very neat portable base station by using NTRIP and my own caster e.g. Lefebure Nripcaster or SNIP or rtk2go.
So I set the M2

to receive corrections from my local COORS in order to determine the position of the base station and then output the corrections to the NTRIP caster.
The first problem I encountered was that the base station sats were not shown in the status tab although it managed to fix the solution. I guess the RTCM3.x messages from the COORS are of classic type and not the newer MSM4-5-7 messages.
So far so good. Then I tried to connect the Sokkia novatel OEMV receiver as rover to the M2 base station via NTRIP and unfortunately it didn’t work because the OEMV board does not support MSM4 messages so the result was “autonomous”

So in conclusion, is it possible to add the classic messages 1004,1012 etc to the base output instead of MSM4 in order to work with older receivers?
Thanks in advance!

Hi @vgo195,

Reach M2 doesn’t support outputting 1004 and 1012 RTCM messages. I’m afraid you can’t use it as a base with older receivers. However, Reach M2 can receive such messages so it can act as a rover.

The first problem I encountered was that the base station sats were not shown in the status tab although it managed to fix the solution.

This usually happens when NTRIP caster doesn’t provide info about satellites’ SNR value. However, it doesn’t affect the solution status or accuracy.

If you have access to the professional version of SNIP, then you can use PFAT to create a legacy stream from an MSM4 stream. Here’s a brief article about it:

https://www.use-snip.com/kb/knowledge-base/pfat-msm-to-legacy-messages/

Thanks, I am aware of this SNIP function but unfortunately I don’t have access to SNIP Basic version and I couldn’t justify the cost of buying one.

We’ve released the Reach Firmware 26 Beta 1 version where we’ve added the support of 1004, 1008, 1012, 1033 RTCM3 messages. Please check this community forum thread for more detail: