Issues with Reach 26 Update

After updating to Reach 26 I’m having numerous issues with my RS2 units. The data connection between mobile device (iPad and/or iPhone) has slowed down by orders of magnitude, making it very difficult to see what the unit status etc. is. This has made it impossible to use the ‘Survey’ function as the mobile connection cannot transmit collect/accept instructions to the unit in a reasonable time. I’m stuck writing down acquisition times manually that’ll I’ll have to pick out of the .LLH files. Additionally, the audio fix/float indicators for the rover unit are not working despite maximum volume setting.

I’m disappointed that I can’t downgrade the firmware to a working version, 26 was supposedly stable but obviously isn’t.

1 Like

Hi Collin,

Please, share the Full System report from the device so that we can look into what can be a reason for such behavior. Note that the report may contain sensitive information, so it’d be better if you send it to support@emlid.com

Having very similar issues sending report as well

That is one of the only downfalls I have seen with the Emlid receivers. I know from other brand GPS components, sometimes the latest and greatest firmware doesn’t work for diddly in your application. With most, you can go back to a previous version.

I guess my 'feature request would be not mandate an update.

I have updated my M2/RS2 but really haven’t utilized them since. Reading all the issues with novice and experienced users, I am beginning to think perhaps I shouldn’t have.

2 Likes

I am not sure about the RS2, but I was able to reverse an update on my older Reach RS units (Edison), but with help from someone VERY experienced here. I couldn’t tell you how to do it again, but Emlid support should be able to if you talk to them I would think.

You have to use a terminal app and SSH into the unit to do it.

Honestly, I don’t think Emlid wants everyone doing this, to avoid a mess. For the most part, their approach works fine, and if a problem, they get right on it. But yes, the ability to reverse an update would be nice if easy to do in order to keep working as before.

2 Likes

The strange part is the RS2 seemed to work really well for a bit then went all nuts.
Going to roto till the garden tonight so I will see if the M2 pulls any weird fits.

1 Like

You apparently didn’'t get the 2.5" of rain we got today.

No we got 1/8", we really need some its extremely dusty outside.

Ground temperatures finally staying above 0C (32F), so its pre emergent spray time, seeder is ready to make tracks. I live way too far north, but the 18hr summer days make up for it.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: RS2 Sound Alerts are Low

A post was split to a new topic: Issues with Sound Alert and LED status

Hi all,

Sorry for keeping you uninformed for so long!

We determined the cause of the reported behavior with low sound volume and slower ReachView loading. I personally follow all the progress on these issues resolution cause it is essential for me to make sure we deliver the fixes as soon as possible.

I want to give you a bit of context on such behavior. Both of the issues seem to be randomly appearing on some devices that is why they are hard to catch. However, we’ve already fixed them and now preparing the release that will resolve all these difficulties.

It is also important for us to provide stable fixes. That’s why it takes a bit more time to test everything and make sure it works smoothly.

In the meantime, if you set up the update rate to 1 Hz, it should temporarily resolve the issue with ReachView slow loading. For most applications, a position update once per second should be enough.

We will post an update here once the new release is out.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Authentification error

Hi everyone,

I want to let you know that we’ve released the 26.1 firmware update for Reach receivers.

This update should quicken the loading of the ReachView 3 app and resolve the issues with the low sound volume. The full list of improvements and fixes is available in this community forum thread.

Please let me know whether these issues are resolved for you.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reach Firmware Update

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.