Is it possible to connect multiple rovers to one base in RTK?

The answer is simple: yes.

However, the number of rovers depends on the correction output method.

If you choose LoRa radio, you can connect unlimited number of rovers to one base. But remember that all of them should be placed on the line-of-sight with the base.

Another option is NTRIP connection. For this, you can use our Emlid NTRIP Caster. It supports up to 10 simultaneous connections. In case you need more, check out Emlid Caster Pro.

Don’t know how to choose between LoRa and NTRIP? This post is for you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in the comments!

10 Likes

Hi Svetlana, will it be possible in the future to have more than one simultaneous correction output?
I use Emlid RS2 as a base for land surveys and photogrammetry with drone (Autel RTK). If there is a data network there are no problems, i connect the rover and the drone via caster and I can fly while my colleague collects the GCPs and other relevant points. If there is no data network, i’m forced to work first with the rover via LoRA and then with the drone in local NTRIP.
Thank you for your response and thank you for the continued effort you put into improving the user experience.
Donato

Hi Donato,

So far, we didn’t think about it. But it’s very good that you described your use-case! Such things help us understand the needs better.

And your request sounds pretty fair. I’ll pass it to the team.

2 Likes

Grazie mille per la risposta

1 Like

Prego!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.