iPhone 12 pro max & iPhone 13 pro max

I have 2 users that have the same issues connecting to NTRIP networks. One has an iPhone 12 pro max and the other iPhone 13 pro max. Initial connection to Reach WiFi no issues, once we get to the connection to Hotspot is where the issue happens. Most of the time their iPhone Hotspot does not even show up as a possible connection. We have checked and uncheck the Maximize Compatibility option with no luck either. I have had to turn on and off their Hotspots and WiFi toggles to get a connection, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for when it will connect vs not connecting. I found the one article on here with the solution being a direct username and password for UNAVCO. But our issue is just getting connected to the iPhones Hotspot does not work. We have multiple other users with non pro max iphones that do not have an issue (iPhones 12, 11, 10 & 8).

Hi @cmartini85,

Reach should work fine with iOS hotspots, so it looks like your users have caught something unusual! Let’s investigate it.

The connection to iOS hotspots can be a bit tricky indeed. So first of all, I’d recommend checking our guide on connecting Reach to mobile hotspots. It contains some tips that should ensure a successful connection. If it doesn’t help, please let me know at which step of the guide your users face difficulties.

Hi @cmartini85,

Curious to know how it’s going! Did you get a chance to check the guide? Has it helped?

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t connect Reach to iPhone 13 Pro max hotspot

It is not going great; we have no solution using the guide. I have someone on a jobsite right now that cannot connect and has been trying for 30 minutes. I am really concerned after purchasing 6 RS2s that if more of my team upgrades their iPhones we are not going to be able to use the RS2.

They are experiencing the issue mainly when trying to connect to the hotspot, after the connection is lost and they have to refresh for the RS2. I believe it times out of the connection to the hotspot. It is only affecting the 2 team members with iPhone 12 pro max and iPhone 13 pro max, all other team members have no issues with any of our 6 RS2s.

Hi @cmartini85,

I’ve noticed you contacted us via email, and I’ve just answered you. Let’s continue the discussion there to keep all the details in one place.

I upgraded to 29.2 and started using the Bluetooth function with great success. I have upgraded and tested 3 out of our 6 RS2’s with the individuals iPhones without an issue now. I believe this is the solution we are going to use moving forward. It is way easier and faster once setup. Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.