Inability to change the corrections tab settings

1. RS+ and 2.22.3
  2. System report and video of the problem attached.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FDg_NEmI6lEH5_GUE3moH1gcKCw0ju7U

Hello,

An issue has arisen that is incredibly frustrating. I am using a pair of RS+ units to stake out vineyard posts. Lately, The rover has been having the issue where if it is turned off and then on, the corrections tab reverts to settings that shouldn’t even be possible on the version!
(eg. 868 Mhz) When I try to change the frequency, it just spins forever and if I try to change the power or air data transfer rate, it just says settings not applied. This only happens in the field either through the app or chrome. When I make the trip back to the office, my desktop is able to change the settings. Does anyone know why this is happening? Did not have this issue until a week or so after upgrading from 2.16 to 2.22.

Thanks for the help,

John

1 Like

Hi John, thank you for the detailed report and sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll look into why the issue is happening

Did you try to clear your mobile device browser cache?

I did not attempt this specifically, but I did uninstall and reinstall the app which as far as I’m aware achieve the same purpose.

i think if you cleared your Chrome cache it would be a second check vs. reloading the app

I will give this a try if it happens again this afternoon. The underlying issue kind of remains though that it is allowing a frequency that is out of range to begin with. Regardless, if this fixes this issue I will update back here.

1 Like

If that doesn’t work, then the only other easy thing to try is “reset settings to default.”

That is when the issue arises a lot of the time. When I reset the settings, 868 is what populates and it won’t let me change anything in the corrections tab. The video that I linked in the original post was taken directly after doing this in fact.

1 Like

Hi John,

It seems like we’ve been in touch over the email. Let me repeat the results of the troubleshooting here.

This issue with the inability to change the settings in the Correction Input tab seems to happen because of the hardware issues with LoRa radio. Sorry for the inconvenience! We’ll replace the unit.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t change the settings

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.