IMU data from Reach Kit

Hello,
to be sure we understand each other: I am aware of the changes on the IMU/non-root, and I did succeed in accessing the IMU-data on all my hardware, it’s just a problem with the new firmware on old Reach module. Info below shows there really is a permissions issue on /dev/spidev5.1

Working:

Not working:

1 Like

Andy,

Thanks for the specification!

We’re checking this currently. We’ll reach out once there’s news.

Hi everyone,

With the new v2.24.2 stable update, we’ve opened the non-root access to IMU through SPI on Edison devices (Reach RS and Reach Module).

Currently, you can update to v2.24.2 via the update notification in the Status Tab or the Updater page. To access the Updater page, just type Reach's_IP:5000 to the address bar of the Internet browser.

Feel free to share if it works for you!

3 Likes

seems to work. I can finally update my dev-devices to FW much closer to the real devices.

(v2.24.2 - user ‘reach’ on ‘Reach Module’)
Thanks a lot!

6 Likes

Dear emlid people,

I understand that you don’t like people to run their own software on the devices but you have been advertising the presence of the IMU on the device (one of the reasons we started buying them) yet not providing access to it. This is a feature that has been requested by many for years now and has not yet been provided (as far as I can see, all you have provided is access to the device). Without these additional scripts we cannot get the data. And now that root access is not possible I can’t even see how the scripts can be started automatically at boot time.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: IMU status