I have a question about Navio2 and raspberry pi

Hi @osung1598,

For UART and ADC ports, you can use a DF13 6-pin connector. For the I2C port, DF13 4-pin. I believe the pinout scheme might be of help to you.

We also sell the wire pack that you can check in our store.

Let me give you a brief overview.

Navio2 is a HAT for Raspberry Pi. It means that the main computations are happening on the Raspberry Pi. Its capacities are used for running the ArduPilot’s software that Navio2 provides the sensor data for.

If you control the drone manually, you can send the commands to it via the telemetry link. GCS software - for example, Mission Planner - helps you to prepare your vehicle and control the data from it in real-time.

To prepare for an autonomous flight, you need to use your GCS software. In Mission Planner, you can do it in the Flight Plan. Here’s the guide about it. It’s not necessary to load the mission to your autopilot as you can just connect your vehicle and run the mission.

However, you can load the mission to the ArduPilot in a file by configuring it in Mission Planner. In this case, the data is stored in EEPROM, as mentioned here. Please note that you need to set all the parameters before loading it onto your vehicle. It’s also necessary to set the flight mode to AUTO so that the ArduPilot could run the mission autonomously.

The motors are controlled by the ArduPilot software. The Ardupilot is run on the Raspberry Pi. Navio2 then executes these commands.

I can see that you’re in the conversation with Marc in this thread. It’d be great to continue communication there. This way, we’ll keep all details in one thread and avoid doubling of the threads.