I can't update ReachView

Hi Polina,

I tried sending you a direct message last week including the full system report for one of my two RS2 units as you requested. Can you confirm that you received it? If not, can you PM me so I can reply back directly?

Many thanks,

Tim

Tim @timhorsley, I’ve received your report, thank you! Please check my message in PM.

Juan @jjb, is there any chance you generated the Full System Report prior to reflashing your device? It’d be great if you shared it with me in PM.

Sorry, I just went straight with the update.
Question, if something goes wrong, is it the same procedure to downgrade to a previous firmware? Just load the image file?

The same issue I repored last week. All my RS+ could not upgrade from current stable firmeware to latest dev firmeware.

Im having the same issue. Is there a specific log to look at that is the output of the update script?

I am having the same issue with both my rs+ units

Hey everyone,

We’re currently working on solving issues with the update process. I’ll reach out once there’s news.

1 Like

Juan @jjb, we don’t recommend downgrading the firmware version. It’s better to keep your device up-to-date as the latest firmware updates contain important improvements and fixes.

@KG7OOW, Joel @brightorangetech , please check your PMs.

But the I tried to update to 2.22.7 and also got stuck. I then tried to downgrade to 2.22.5 . Several tries later I was able to install 2.22.5.

I think the solution is to disable Windows Defender Real Time Protection, any virus software and run the Firmware Tool as Administrator

I’m having the same issue on two RS2 units. It seems like this might be a broader issue with ReachView / the update process. Is there any update on this?

I’m having the same issue on my RS2 unit. My current firmware is 2.22.5.

Hey everyone,

We’re looking into the updating issues. I’ll post an update once there’s a fix.

Hey guys,

We’ve fixed the issues with the updating process. Now it should be possible to update your receivers without any complications.

1 Like

Hi what’s the solution? Latest firmware update? ReachView app update? Thanks

Hi Juan,

You can update your receivers to the latest firmware version by clicking the Update ReachView button in the Settings tab of the ReachView app. The process is described detailedly in our Updater guide.

There’s no need to reflash your device with the Reach Firmware Flash Tool.

I’m having problems with updating from version 2.20.5 to 2.24.0. It fails every time.

Tried both from app and my browser.

If it continues to fail, then try the Firmware updater application instead.
Also, I might be that this intentional, as a previous firmware update (I can’t remember to number exactly) required to be done via the firmware updater, after which the normal firmware update routine (via the web interface) would work just fine.

3 posts were split to a new topic: RS2 can’t be accessed

Hi Andreas,

Please, reflash your Reach RS2. To do so, you can follow this guide. Please note that the reflashing procedure resets the settings and deletes the stored data.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.