Help setting Navio up, no telemetry connection

ok cause I was getting garbled stuff in the serial program that might be why lol. so I can run -C without having a primary telemetry? from what I read I understood it to be for secondary. I’ll try that

ok I ran sudo screen /dev/ttyACM0 57600 and it said couldn’t run, no such file or directory. tried with both baud rates. is this before or after initializing Auducopter? I did it before
I was doing this through SSH since I don’t have second screen but decided to plug the HDMI in and could see that error message when I type it this time

You have to use ttyAMA0, not ttyACM0.
ttyACM0 is an Arduino connnected to USB , for example. I think it was a typo.

The procedure is just for testing communication over the radio link, it has nothing to do with ardupilot.

ok I was about to ask about that, it seemed off. I’ll try using AMA0

Yes, it was a typo, sorry. The correct serial port is /dev/ttyAMA0 on Raspberry.

not having luck with that program I type test then hit enter and nothing shows up(I don’t think I was doing it right) BUT seems I did have some progress here’s the pics of the output (there’s probably a way to do screenshots but Idk how lol)

The red LED on the radio isn’t blinking now and when I try to connect on APM planner it says please connect a radio though both show solid green and I didn’t change anything PC side, just did - C instead of - A

The first time I did it after a couple seconds it just continually output inout/ output connection failed. How do I halt it when something like that keeps outputting a message and I can’t type anything? I know just yanking the power isn’t good. Second time it worked like shown

I see that you made a typo when running APM:

sudo ArduCopter-hexa -C /dev/tty/AMA0

But it should be:

sudo ArduCopter-hexa -C /dev/ttyAMA0

To kill APM in Raspberry Pi’s console simply press CTRL+C.

oh wow :unamused: been doing that almost all the time lol whoops.
ok now I got
Raspberry Pi 2 with BCm2709!
socket connect failed
socket connect failed
No pigpio interface for RCInput

ten it quits to the command termional

Probably something went wrong with the pigpio process, try to run the following:

sudo killall pigpio

And then run APM again.
If that doesn’t help then try to reboot the board.

Kept getting the same message despite typing that command and re starting. I just re flashed the SD card and did the startup command and now got this again

It says press enter 3 times to enter interactive setup and I did now it says
ArduCopter-hexa V3.3-dev] with a blinking cursor

@jet_flyer It should be /dev/ttyAMA0 not /dev/tty/AMA0 . This is why you are getting the error.

@jet_flyer Perhaps it might make things a little easier for you, if you would buy a linux/debian book. That way you would have a reference for the basic commands at hand and you wouldn’t have to wait for answers regarding linux.
I have a few myself and it really helps to get started.

2 Likes

Oh I see I misread the previous post. That’s what I’ve been doing but that one night I messed up so I thought I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time.
And yes this is partly why I got this so I could learn Linux stuff I’ll look into that. I knew it wouldn’t be as easy as buying a Pixhawk but I don’t do easy lol. Also have some uses for the raspi with a Flutter board for wireless communications

I did it the right way and got the exact same output. Even did just ArduCopter-hexa by its self and same exact thing

so what else could be the problem?

It says press enter 3 times to enter interactive setup and I did now it says
ArduCopter-hexa V3.3-dev] with a blinking cursor

Just ignore it, if you don’t press enter it will load in a standard mode.
Do you have a telemetry connection to the GCS now?

Yes I thought I’d just try that to see if something happened
And no even when I do it the right way it has the same output. Still says RC not calibrated like in the pic. The text seems slightly messed up is it supposed to be like that?

Also to eliminate any variables I did just ArduCopter-hexa with no telemetry and got the same exact thing

If you specify a non existent serial device or no telemetry output at all, everything will be shown on the console. So if you get the same behaviour with and without a telemetry option, something must be wrong with the serial device/the syntax you used.