Grade control indicator

Anybody using reach for elevation/grade indication on earthmoving equipment?

4 Likes

Can you tell us a little bit more about your project, please?
What accuracy level do you need? What’re the environmental conditions?

Basiclly it would be to stakeout a elevation with RS2,RS+ mounted on a machine

!

1 Like

It would need to be able to to a lot of bumps and still be able to get fix because machine moves around a lot at a fair speed. Environmental conditions

I use FieldGenius to do this now but it would be nice to just use Reachview. All you would need is to stake out a preset elevation or a slope if you could draw a line between 2 points and stake out the line . Elevation stakeout would be nice though for now :wink: not to get greedy :smiley: .That would even work doing stake work by hand you would not need a rotating laser and reciever .

1 Like

As there’re no updates from @cedargeo, unfortunately, I’ll answer your question, @davehofer1993 :slightly_smiling_face:

The environmental conditions in the photo seem to be good. Also, you should have no issues with holding fix when driving bumps. Reach RS2 can hold it in really challenging conditions.

We already have stakeout in 3D mode, so you can work with point elevation.

Unfortunately, there’s no workaround for drawing/stakeout lines in ReachView but it’s on our to-do list.

Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Thanks for the info .

Hello as of today we are using a RS+and damping platform [Reach RS+ damping platform - Emlid Store] mounted on a scraper and RS2 as a base . Fieldgenius as a grade indicater . Works very good .

4 Likes

7 Likes

Any thoughts on this website?
http://iexcavatebest.com

Edit: mute the music in the video or it will drive you nuts.

Will have to check it out…

Some Reachview screenshots

2 Likes

Some awesome stuff for a little $$$$

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Where is the setting in FG that shows in your grade indicator photo:
Design
Elev
On

Is this a custom FG package for grading only?

stake elevation

1 Like

Thanks. Found it digging through the stake menu. Just never seen it before.

1 Like

Like you said . :smile: though about using FG, after you get used to it, it’s easy, but not very easy for some).

1 Like

dave can I get your contact info. I would like to discuss this more indepth.

1 Like