FLOW 360 NAD83 Coordinate Help

I am so close to getting thing figured out but am stuck on one issue with coordinates. I have a DXF file that i imported of some points for a job in Nebraska. When I go to import the DXF file, it pulls the points but puts the project in Colorado. I have selected NAD 83 Nebraska from the Coordinate list but it does not help. Does anyone have any clues to what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

1 Like

Can you share the DXF? You can PM me a download link if you want and i’ll pull it up real quick. I suspect the CAD coordinates are not real but there’s only one way to tell.

3 Likes

After opening both they are definitely in arbitrary coordinates. The first test file had negative coordinates and the geometry in test 14 file was obviously based on 0,0.

2 Likes

How do I get this working. I have Field Genius that I use to open the CAD files.

I think I need to link it to a given control point in the field. Correct?

1 Like

localization

1 Like

Shoot, if you’re using FieldGenius, no point using Flow. FG full fledge survey software. It might be just a matter of moving all your points to correct control point(s). But yes, you can use the new Localize feature in Flow. (or FG of course).

Hopefully they have a easy to follow video soon.

Localization in Emlid Flow - News - Emlid Community Forum

1 Like
3 Likes

HA! Only @dpitman to the rescue!!! :man_superhero: :laughing:

Well, there ya go @csnoel !!!

Voiceover’s must be getting expensive :moneybag: these days? :woozy_face:

Just the messenger. The Emlid crew deserves all the accolades!

1 Like

Localization will work but @csnoel should move the objects out of negative coordinates first.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Can you please share your DXF with me too? I’ll take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.