Feature Request: Local Projection

Do you have any plans integrate to app local parameters projection based on library like Proj4js ?

1 Like

Very popular request! You might search the forum a little and see if one of the existing threads matches well with your need. The bigger the thread the more recognition!

I’ve seached the forum and find NTRIP and Coordinate Systems
No replies and will be closed after 10 days.
I remembered the following that can help:
Standart RTCM 3.1 - added local parameters projection + MAC GG + RTN SSR (State Space Representation) messages (1057-1068)

Here some helpful links:

https://mapbasic.ru/msksolutions

That will be good help for some, but I am very familiar with local coordinates in a couple of respects that is not shown. I am not sure which one you are referring to. There are β€œlocal” EPSG’s which are the standardized coordinate systems for zones or regions and there are grid systems which may or may not be derived from those EPSG projections. Usually they are a little different because they have been localized. A third would be a totally custom coordinate system where the X,Y matches no known projection and must be aligned to. One more I can think of is a survey or design that has a scale factor. This also causes folks who use Lat/Lon or directly translated State Plane issues.

Here is β€œ7 parameters local calculation” based on difference of EPSG and local coordinates
For example it realised in Calson SurvCE - Localization (p.178)

I think the key here is the localization. This allows the use of any X,Y values regardless if they are on a particular projection or not.

Others have requested different datum to collect from and even direct projection translation in the software, but I think that is a mistake because it makes the system so much more complicated. Just shoot from wgs84 and localize to generic X,Y.

Hi @arkeston,

Thanks for the request! As Michael said, it’s rather popular. I’ve replied a similar question here:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Vlad,

It’s been a long time since you requested this feature, but I have an update for you. Our free mobile app ReachView 3 supports working in many various coordinate systems. We don’t have a localization feature yet, but it’s also possible to set up a custom coordinate system with known parameters. You can try it and don’t hesitate to ask questions!

2 Likes

I wish I had time to look into this more. They may be the data needed in our Topcon GC3 localization files that I could use…

Hi Michael,

Yep, you can take localization parameters from Topcon and input them into ReachView 3.

1 Like