Export errors ;

Hello Julia,

I collected the points from first to last as I go along the line. When exporting to dxf, we don’t see the polygons, i assume that the points associated with them are deleted at export. Yes it is the first time I get this issue. I did an update of Emlid flow during the weekend, and it started after that. I am sending you the files by email, I can’t load them here.

Here are my images. Working with Liudmila S. of tech support through email as well.

Hi Stephane,

I’ve received the files you shared. But as I see, you exported the project using the CSV(PENZD) option. This way, the file contains much less info than with the usual CSV.

Please export the project from Emlid Flow and Emlid Flow 360 in a usual CSV and share them with me. It’ll help me upload the file to Emlid Flow and check what it all looks like as well.

Hi @shawnmason,

Oh, I see. To avoid confusion, please continue the investigation with Liudmila.

Once we find a solution, we will post it in this thread as well so that no one misses it.

Any updates? I would like to know what went wrong and how to download from Flow360 in order to retrieve my data.

5 posts were split to a new topic: The order of the points and lines after export

Yep, I too have the exact same issue.
In the facebook group I have now found out that the issue is when you don’t have anything in the description.
Apparently, you need to have a letter and a number for it not to happen.
Would have been good to know this 2 weeks ago :scream_cat:

I have been back to one site to pick up the data again, but have some sites 2 hours away so can’t do that.

1 Like

Hi @shawnmason,

I see that your case was passed on to devs to take a look. Once we have any news on it, we will share them with you.

I’m also waiting for the CSV files from Stephane to analyze. The first files I received were exported with the CSV(PENZD) option. So there is not much info in them. But as soon as I check the usual CSV projects, I’ll be able to discuss it with the devs and give you more details on what is going on.

Hi @Ben_Minutoli,

Hmm, the thing with the descriptions sounds unusual. Can you please export your project from Emlid Flow and Emlid Flow 360 in the usual CSV format and send the files to me? You can send them here via PM or via support@emlid.com.

I’ll try to reproduce this issue as well. And, of course, will keep you posted on the results.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exporting CSV from Emlid Flow, Point Names mixed

Hi Ben, try to export from 360, it’s work from there, I think that the issue comes with the app.

Hi @julia.shestakova after diving into it a bit deeper last night I have actually found what the actual issue is with your software.
I can’t find what is causing it, however, I have created a video for you pin pointing it, this way it should help reduce the time for your engineers to be able to fix whatever bug is causing this.
Here is a link to the video - Private video for Julia - Emlid - YouTube



Hi guys,

I carried out tests today and caught this issue. As I see, it occurs because sometimes the point’s number doesn’t change automatically. So some points are collected with the same number. And it results in issues with the lines displaying: additional geometry in Emlid Flow and missing points in Emlid Flow 360. It affects projects export as well.

I’ve passed all the findings to our devs so that we can fix it. And as soon as I get any news on that, I’ll share them with you.

@Ben_Minutoli, thank you a lot for sharing the video! It was of great help in the investigation. Before the tests, I already knew that we needed to look for the points with the same names.

1 Like

I have had this issue with large survey project I’ve been working on. For me, the issue seems to only be occurring with line points collected with an Android phone; my co-worker is using an iPhone to collect similar data but does not appear to have the issue.

Exporting this data from Android or Web results in the bugged points being lost. However, I’ve found that if I export the points using an iOS device (even if they are bugged points), exports all data correctly.

Hi @lmason,

That’s an interesting catch. Yes, the issue seems to occur on Android devices only. So if you have an iOS device on hand, you can work with it for now.

For Android devices, as a workaround, you can double-check that the point number is changing. And if it doesn’t, change it manually. It should help.

And, of course, once I have any news on this issue, I’ll post them in this thread.

Is there any way to export the file from the flow website without an iOS phone. I don’t do Apple.

O, and by the way. I’m not much for forums and social media. But thank you all for your inputs on this forum. Especially Julia of Emlid. It is good so see people working together for a common good instead of working against each other. I appreciate all of the help here.


Hi Shawn,

Our mobile team is investigating the issue and the ways to solve it as well. So once they get back with any news, I’ll share them with you.

Oh, thanks for your warm words! And actually, our community forum inspires me a lot too. So good to see how open are people to share their thoughts and experience! And it’s nice to be a part of it :slight_smile:


Hi guys,

We released a fix for the bug that caused this issue. I tested it today, and the projects displayed correctly for me. Export on Android was also fine.

Please update your Emlid Flow on Android manually via Google Play. Let me know if it all works for you too!


Beautiful. Thank You so much.