Emlid RS2/3 to Trimble TDL450/Harxon external radio cable

Hello all.

Is anyone aware of a commercially available power/data cable for connecting an RS2 or RS3 to a Trimble TDL450H external radio? From what I can see, it appears that Harxon external radio have an identical pinout to the Trimble external radio.

IYKYK

Thanks all

You will need two cables:

1. The Reach CBL102 9-pin LEMO to DB9 male
  2. And one like this, the TDL450H is a rebadged Pacific Crest ADL Vantage 35 and the 5-pin LEMO is standard across their radio range: New Programming Cable A00470 for 35-watt Radio Pacific Crest PDL HPB | eBay

Works fine for me with Pacific Crest PDL & ADL

3 Likes

Ok thanks for your response Wombo. And safe to assume the pinouts all matched, no mods required?

Not sure, but keep in mind the CBL102 transfers data only, no power. The cutoff CBL101 has power etc if installing a permanent base.

Make sure you double check the pin out diagrams either way.

@Wombo says his works fine, so probably so.

2 Likes

Ah ok thanks for the tip with power only in the cut off cable

1 Like

May not need it but wanted to point that out as the DB9 cables are DATA ONLY (so no surprise) in case u need power also for whatever else u may be doing.

2 Likes

Appreciate it thankyou, yes I am wanting it to be semi permanent so definitely need power. It’s certainly proving to be a good thing Emlid incorporating a UHF 450 radio into the receivers, just be handy if it could work with CMRx or even CMR+ so we don’t upset all the Trimble guys making them change their settings when going to an all Trimble site :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, timd1971 is right. If you want power for a permanent base you will need the unterminated cable and install your own DB9 which only needs Tx, Rx & SigGnd as per diagrams. The pinouts are fine.

That said note UHF is generally not used on a permanent base (at least here in Aus & surveying), ACMA Area Wide Licences that enable you to go to sites have transmission duration conditions.

2 Likes