Emlid NTRIP Caster via Position output - Output 1 or Output 2

I’m using my Reach Base correction mainly over LoRa, but I would like to have a fallback via NTRIP. Can I use somehow the Position Output via TCP to send the correction to the Emlid NTRIP Caster?

I was hoping that I can set something like user:pass@caster.emlid.com:2021/MP10xxx, but that doesn’t work and triggers a JS bug (Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request failed with status code 400) so you have to reload the Reach RS UI.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 13-27-06 Reachbase Reach Panel

Btw, via Base mode → NTRIP the casting works smoth!

1 Like

Hi Valentin,

You can output corrections one way at a time.

Position output indeed has two options for simultaneous output. But it’s not suitable for corrections.

Can you describe your use-case in more detail? So that I could note it as a feature request.

Hi Svetlana,

thanks for your reply. My use case was for example yesterday: I had the base unit with LoRa correcting to my rover unit, as the base was surrounded by buildings, I lost the signal at the rover on one of the control points at >700 m baseline. As I had the whole time a cell phone signal, it would have been nice to switch to the NTRIP connection.

So basically LoRa is for me most of the time more replayable, but in some cases I would be good two have a fallback to NTRIP or an IP bases connection.

Hope you could understand my use case.

Best regards,
Valentin

1 Like

Hi Valentin,

Am I right you didn’t have access to the base at that moment to change the output to NTRIP?

1 Like

Exactly, the base was about a kilometer away.

1 Like

Got you. Thanks for sharing this! Your request is noted.

1 Like