DXF import

I’m using the reach view 3 app, how can I import DXF files?

Hi @tinglingst !

You can not perform the import of a DXF file in the RV 3, yet.

The process is still with CSV file, but with some modifications that are explained in the import screen in the app.

The format presented by the application is this:

Name,Easting,Northing,Elevation
Point1,30.339,59.958,53.618
Point2,30.334,59.960,58.944

In some tests I’ve performed, a description column, named Description, is also successfully imported, looking like this:

Name,Easting,Northing,Elevation,Description
Point1,30.339,59.958,53.618,Test 1
Point2,30.334,59.960,58.944,Test 2

The header needs to be in the CSV file, so don’t forget about it.

Best regards!

1 Like

Thanks very much.’
how about the reach view 2? I cant import DXF as well.Thanks

1 Like

In RV 2 you can import, in addition to CSV, GeoJSON and DXF files as well.

Just make sure they will be in the coordinate system that RV 2 operates, WGS 84 with geographic coordinates (EPSG: 4326).

1 Like

Hi Linus,

At the moment, our ReachView 3 app supports import from CSV format only. We have plans to add more import formats in the future. However, there is no ETA for now.

As an alternative, you can convert DXF files to CSV using GIS software like QGIS. Also, you can use online converters such as MyGeodata Converter. If you need more info about that, please let me know.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with DXF format

You need to put a point in each vertex from your CAD program and save your file in ASCII DXF format, in my experience that is how I import them.
Greetings.

Hi @jofemo60,

I have some good news for you. We’ve recently released a new version of ReachView 3 with support for Shapefile and DXF formats! So now you can simply save your points in DXF from your CAD software and import them into our app :slight_smile:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.