Does tuffwing or teokit work with reach m2?

The tuffwing Snap ppk do not work for now with m2… Hope it will be I future…
Me too prefer not to open my drone… And prefer the kit which can take off…
I do not understand your last line about ashot…

I was just referring that by adding the AShot the Tuffwing PPK solution actually becomes simpler with less parts, maintenance and weight.

I didn’t realize you had a Mavic, but if it’s a 2 Pro then check this out.
https://topodrone.org/product/ppk/mavic

I have phantom 4 pro v2.0.
The toffwing kit for now not work with reach m2

Tuffwing states " SnapPPK currently does NOT work with Reach M2. Its power requirements are 3 times higher than Reach M+. We are looking for a solution now."
so for now the only solution seems to be A-Shot with tuffwing’s mounting kit.
I have found a user in fb PPK module that sells a similar module but with novatel OEM615 receiver instead of M2. They have integrate the module quite nicely but i don’t know details. They sell it for 750$.

Despite what they say the power requirements of the devices is the same and a standard 2s LiPo battery is 7.4v so it has plenty of power. The thing that is different is the antenna so the mount that comes with the Tuffwing would need to be slightly modified for the helical antenna. I am guessing they haven’t figured out the 3D printing to correct this.

1 Like

vgo195 is right…
I ask Brian from toffwing and told me the same about power requirements…
I hope he will find solution nearly…

They must have changed the battery that they were using then. The early kit that I got required that I buy a battery and did not have the box with the switch. I will connect mine today and let you know. Regardless, I would highly suggest you go the AShot route if you want dependable results.

@egor.fedorov, can you explain why the M2 wouldn’t work in place of an M+?

What do mean with your suggest to go the AShot route, toffwing kit or teokit?

Tuffwing with AShot.

=toffwing kit of Brian.
What you

It’s hard to see with that angle of image, but it appears to be the older kit (which I have) without the enclosed box that has the switch on the top. See my posts above showing the newer kit.

So toffwing with ashot means the new kit of Brian toffwing kit? With the enclosed box

The picture taken from toffwing product website…

chascoadmin… Dose the Ashot give power to the reach m2? So you do not need the power from toffwing kit?
When you use the Ashot with toffwing, you just use the body of toffwing to connect the m+ with antyna and get power and event from ashot??
Thanks

That is correct. Then all of the extra slack from the antenna is in the box where the battery was.

Can you send me a picture of your drone with this kit and it connected together…
Another question if you use the Ashot then why you need tge toffwing kit, just to hold the reach m?
Thanks a lot…

Yes, I had the kit with an M+ before I had the AShot. It was just a way to mount everything. Now that I have an M2 I will start thinking of better ways to mount it and probably will design my own.

Here is another option, but they use a battery as well. It straps on the front so if I make the lead from the AShot kit longer I should be able to get rid of it as well.

http://www.guandalinibr.com/produto_det.cfm?id=233

I am still probing them for the cost… @joao.reberte, see how I cross-post and advertise for you? :wink:

I saw this product, but its expensive this kit is about 2000dollar, just the kit with out reach m2…
Dose your ashot work with reach m2?

Yikes. Is that the kit I linked above or the Topodrone version? I remember their’s costing about that much. I also need to find out how they are getting the camera trigger events.

Yes, like I said above the AShot is inline with the photo triggering so it will send a signal regardless of the hardware it is connected to.

Here’s how mine is setup.

1 Like

Thanks…
As I understand ashot work with reach m2, have you check it?