Disconnecting from Google Pixel 6 hotspot

I had some issues yesterday with the rover disconnecting from my data collector (Pixel 6 pro) I did not have this problem before I updated (yesterday). I will keep and eye on it the next time I use it.

Hi Michael,

Hmm, do you mean Bluetooth connection with a Pixel 6 Pro? Have you checked it in the Lefebure app?

And just to clarify: you’ve updated the unit to 28.4, right?

I’ll have to check on the version but the RS2 is connected to my phone’s hotspot.

I was indeed on 28.3 and am updating to 28.4 now. Thanks!

Michael,

Can you tell me a bit more about the issue? Does it persist after the update to 28.4?

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to test yet. It’s too windy today so it’s a paperwork day but I hope to get out there tomorrow.

1 Like

I have run the RS2 a few times on v28.4 and the connection drop while roving was resolved. I am having more trouble now connecting to the RS2 over the hotspot on my phone which is my data collector as well. I’m having to go through reboot steps of both devices as well as turning my hotspot off and on so I really don’t know what is finally getting it to properly connect. I know there is a good enough connection because I am getting a fix on the RS2 with the audible tone way before I can ever actually get connected with RV3.

Michael,

Have you tried to connect Reach RS2 to other Wi-Fi networks? Was the connection stable with them? It’ll help us understand if the issue is related to the specific network or not.

Also, please generate a Full System report and share it with us via support@emlid.com. With it, we’ll be able to take a closer look at what’s going on on the Reach RS2.

We have a Google Pixel in the office. So I’ll try to reproduce the issue as well. I’ll keep this thread updated on the results.

I think there might be something to the type of network. While it has happened on my home router it is few and far between the last couple of weeks have been frustrating. I will do some more testing tomorrow on multiple networks. The only thing I can’t test until next week is if a latent or slow connection could have anything to do with it. Part of being in construction is going where there’s nothing so data can get sketchy.

This morning’s test went well and the disconnections with my data collector appears to have been fixed.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your tests! Glad to hear that the connection works well now.

All the Android devices vary a lot, and as there are so many of them, we can hardly test every gadget. Because of it, we also investigate each case separately. So if anyone comes across something similar, feel free to get in touch with us.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RS2 battery and Bluetooth issues

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.