Details of installing Emlid M+ on Mavic 2 Pro

is there anyone who is willing to share how to install Emlid M + on Mavic 2 Pro?
What is the scheme for power lines?

1 Like

Hi @echoxs,

To integrate Reach M+ with the camera, hot-shoe access is required. Since the DJI Mavic’s camera doesn’t have a hot-shoe, there is no easy and straightforward way to integrate them.

Still, you can work with 2 Reach RS+ or 2 Reach RS2 devices to place GCPs in RTK.

I mean simply, I want to use the PPK system …
I have difficulty using power for the M + emlid from the power mavic, if I install a separate battery I worry about increasing the burden of the Mavic fleet

Hi @echoxs,

Do you want to record raw data without time marks?

1 Like

Powering the M+ is the least of your problems.
Without timemarks, you might as well use the internal GNSS of the Mavic.

3 Likes

Unless you strap a triggered camera on or hack your way into dji, there will be no benefit having M+ attached.

2 Likes

:pray:

Hi @echoxs,

It’s possible to just log the raw data without time marks for further PPK. However, I hardly can help you with a setup scheme.

Could you tell us a bit more about your workflow? Why do you need to log raw data on the drone?

I want to apply for geotaging on drone photos so GCP is not needed, or is there an effective way for my purpose? …

thanks this information

:writing_hand:

Hi @echoxs,

In this case, you’ll need to connect Reach M+ to a drone’s camera. As I mentioned above, the connection should be done over hot-shoe. DJI drone cameras don’t provide hot-shoe access so that there is no ready solution on how to integrate them for photo geotagging.

That’s why I initially recommended you looking into GCPs’ solution with a DJI drone.

1 Like

:writing_hand:

Solution is laughing and this is not a solution…
There are 2 solutions :

• The easiest way is that you can use signal from led when camera is triggered. You could do it with a reverse LDR circuit.
  • most complicated way is that there is some micro seconds delay between triggering, effective sensor reading and writing on sd card. Final writing in sd card is the proper timing but you need to dissamble uav and make integration …

For both solutions, you could find inspiration from what was done on phantom 4 pro …

1 Like

thanks…

Hello,
I don´t know if you read this post already - REACH M+ and DJI MAVIC 2 PRO integration for RTK /PPK precision survey
We search for the same easy affordable solution - but it seems we have to manipulate the drones ourselves (at least for me this is no option because of security reasons) :thinking: or we have to pay someone who did it already for us and knows what he does - and gives us hopefully some kind of warranty :wink:
Best regards!
Steffen

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.