Connection issues to reach rs+ in hotspot mode when mobile data turned on

Hello Tatiana,
I have recently updated to the last version both reach rs+ units and downloaded the new reach view 3 App.

I am using a rugged phone (Blackview bv 9600 with Android 9,0) and a Lenovo tablet (with Android 8.1) to connect to reach units. With both devices I noticed that I can’t access to reach rs+ units (base e rover) if mobile data are turned on (3G and 4G signal tested). The rover and base units are correctly seen as external hotspot points but with mobile data On the reach view seems freezed when trying to access to the status of GPS units. The same thing happens also with the old version of the app (reachView). I suppose that is a little bug kinked to the update because before doing it I haven’t seen this problem using the same mobiledevices to access to reach rs+ units.
Do you have some suggestions to solve this issue ?
Thanks so much for your time.

All The best,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for such an elaborate report!

Do I get it right that you started experiencing the issue after an update to the v2.25.1 dev version? What was the previous version you worked on?

It’d be of great help if you generate the Full System report on the Reach RS+ device when it’s in a hotspot mode and send it to support@emlid.com. With it, we’ll be able to check what may be a reason for such behavior.

Hi Tatiana,
yes I started experiencing the issue after updating to the v2.25.1 dev version. My previous version was ReachView v2.17 dev update.
I am attaching the full report generated when my Base Reach Rs+ unit is hotspot mode and I can connect to it via WIFI only with mobile data turned off on my smartphone.

Regards,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for sharing the Full System report!

I’ve deleted your report from the attachments as it may contain sensitive information. We’ll look into it and I’ll get back to you with the results.

Hi Daniele,

We’re currently working on resolving this issue. I’ll let you know as soon as there is any news.

Many thanks again Kseniia for your support.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and emlid staff.

Daniele

3 Likes

Hi Daniele,

We’ve checked your Full system report. As we found out, there are no malfunctions from the Reach side. I’m afraid that seems to be an issue from a phone’s side, and we barely can fix it.

Some of our users find a workaround for this issue. You can explore it in this thread.

Dear Kseniia,
thank you so much for your answer and for the inspection carried out on my system report.
So probably this issue is linked to my android phone. I’ll check the thread you suggested.
Many thanks again and best regards,
Daniele

A post was split to a new topic: Log files data

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.