Connecting Emlid Reach to QField iOS

Hi folks,

I’m wondering if anyone has successfully connected their Reach module, (or any GNSS receiver for that matter) to Qfield iOS?

Qfield does support external GNSS connections, the Android OS supports this via Bluetooth while iOS connects via NMEA streams through TCP, or UDP connections.

I’ve added my connection from within QField, and the receiver does seem to make a connection sometimes, but no positioning information gets passed along to QField. I’ve tried rearranging the host and port settings in every logical way I can sort, but I’m still getting no positioning information in QField.

I’m connecting a Reach M2 to multiple different iDevices with the same result each time, and I can confirm the M2s are functional and working fine by using them in Emlid Flow.

Any experience or helpful information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

At first glance, it looks like the missing information that is contained in some NMEA messages isn’t passed on. You can start by checking that all NMEA messages are enabled in the NMEA settings as shown below:

Also, please double-check that Reach M2 tracks satellites, so it has position data to output.

Thank you, Kirill,

Sorry for such a slow reply, I’ve been away on a busy work schedule. As soon as I get a chance to check into this I will let you know if you have my solution.

Cheers,
Chris

Yes indeed, that’s solved it! Thx again, Kirill, very much appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Nice to know that it helped!