Compatibility of single-band and multi-band

Hello everyone,
We have ordered the Reach M+ UAV Mapping Kit, but instead of M+ the M2 was in packet. I know that M2 is multi-band, however RS+ is single-band. No matter, how hard we try, we can’t get average fix with communication of both of them (RS+ as base, M2 as rover). Can problem be in there? Is RS+ is combatible with M2? or single-band is compatible with multi-band? If it is not combatible, then I think only solution is to returning the order.

1 Like

Have you tried the reverse on base/rover? I know it doesn’t work for your use case but it might be a good thing to know if the M2 can fix with L1 alone. Maybe the M2 throwing L2 is causing issues. I have seen people use an RS+ with an RS2 but not an M2.

Can you post some snippets of the RTK settings and Correction Input from the rover and RTK and Base Mode for the base?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response because of the weekend.
Yeah, I have tried both cases, but nothing solve the problem. I know they are not compatible, but it shouldn’t be problem to the lora performance. Now I will share the full reports of base as rs+ and rover as m2. In both cases, at device m2 (both as base and as rover), there is a problem that ‘Couldn’t apply the changes’).

Base settings (RS+):
All good. There is no problem.

report.zip (710.9 KB)

Rover settings (M2):

report (1).zip (981.7 KB)

That is all. If you need there reverse too (m2 as base, rs+ as rover), I can do it too. However the problem is same both cases. I can’t apply changes to the lora

You could returning the order by Tri band.

The M2 unit requires a Dual frequency correction signal for RTK, so you cannot use the RS+ for real time correction. When using it for postprocessing, you won’t have that issue, but of course, not taking advantage of the multi-frequency of the M2 either.

In your below screenshot it seems you are outputting corrections on LoRa on the base, but expecting input on serial on the rover. These need to match interface and settings.

No sir, I am not expecting serial correction input on the rover, the picture can be seen tricky. I want to change it correction input of the rover to the LoRa, but it doesn’t change, and stay at default version (Serial).

Obviously that is the problem then. If they aren’t on the same connection they’ll never talk. Sounds like an interface glitch Emlid will need to look at. I had something similar when RV3 was in early release.

So how can I solve this issue, sir? Will problem be solve after I change it to M+ (The order is in the way) or there is a hardware problem in my LOR101 (LorRa Radio), because I can’t even see the blink of rx or tx on LOR101.

I think if you can get the M+ to accept the change to LoRa there’s a good chance it will work. I will dig through my stuff this morning and see if I can find one of our M+'s. What versions of FW are you using on each?

1 Like

Hi guys,

We run the risk of getting confused. I’m already troubleshooting this case with Farid in this thread:
The changes couldn't be applied to Lora (Lor101)

The small conclusion: a single-band device can’t act as a base for a multi-band one. Reach M2 requires multi-band corrections. As Christian said, they can work vice versa, but there are no benefits of using a multi-band system then.

Still, it’s not related to issues with LoRa. I don’t have a solution for now, but it will be posted in the thread I shared above.

5 Likes

((The kit “Reach M+ UAV Mapping Kit” doesn´t include the
Reach M2/M+ LoRa radio, it is needed th both of them can communicate and if you plan to work in RTK mode, if not you can only use in PPK mode, (post-processing with Emlid Studio), this is why it doesnt let you activate Correction Input via LoRa.))

I just see you have the LOR101 module, it seems it is not working, check the connections.

Hola, en la técnica gnss no es posible enviar correcciones desde un doble banda a una banda simple; de banda simple a banda simple sí.

Hi Camilo,

A multi-band device can act as a base for a single-band one. There are no limitations in software as it’s just not possible to define from a base side. But a single-band device will take only L1-frequency for calculations. Still, it won’t work vice versa.

Please keep the conversation in English so that other users may participate. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.