Comparing RS2 and RS+

Hello all , I doing some comparison with RS2 and RS+ . and there is just about no comparison , Unless Im not being fair here :laughing:!

2 Likes

May need to disable GALILEO until further notice since it’s heard it is down currently???

I think you need to do more stringent tests with the RS+. Maybe under thick canopy?

1 Like

RS2 you mean ?

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if he means there is “no” comparison (as same accuracy of the 2) between the RS+ and RS2 since his baseline is practically the same in the screenshots, even though FLOAT on the RS+ which is expected.

Either way, prob misunderstood… the RS2 is obviously the winner. : )

What I meant was performance in the same conditions , RS2 had a fix in about 2 minutes and RS+ is still at float after an hour.:smile:

3 Likes

understood! ; )

1 Like

Thats what I say too.

1 Like

All you needed was to stand on a ladder with it (RS+)? ha! ; )

I guess i could have , would have made a better picture maybe and a sore arm :sweat_smile:

We see a poor SNR for the satellites that intervene in the correction (G06 G12 and G25), it may be due to the power of the receiver antenna RS2 and helps to get the fix mode but the question arises in this case the second frequency occurs, I would like to see another test, it is to observe the same point with the two receivers and compare the coordinates Dx, Dy and Dz because difference of two length of the baseline is 6 cm which is a good result in other term even if the status of RS + is float but it could be a good result.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing David. It looks like a John Deere dealership over there :grin:

1 Like

Here is a more reasonable test

Still took + unit to long for fix , spoiled now :joy:

1 Like

Not Quite , gotta get them acres somehow :smiley:

1 Like

I see you are using your calibrated 5 gallon pail :wink: for this one. :+1:

It appears to be survey grade. (Or is that food grade?) No matter which grade, it still seems to offer a solid mounting surface for excellent sky view.

3 Likes

They both dont fit on a standard tripod.:sweat_smile:

*hint: If you don’t have a tribrach handy, then even an old CD will get you by.

1 Like

Been perusing the forum to see how the RS2 performs in the bush compared to RS+. Haven’t seen much so far, has anyone tried that yet?

2 Likes

Welllll… i guess the bucket is a little better than a pile of dirt or mud puddle. : /

2 Likes

Same here. I am sure it will do just fine. I think @birdofprey would also like to see a good test down in a mining quarry pit also… with at least 3 deep side walls. Possibly an urban area with concrete/steel/glass skyscrapers? ; )

Hell… maybe around a lot of high voltage powerlines and factories that emit a lot of Electro Magnetic Interference such as large welding machines, transformers etc. Maybe one day @wizprod could revisit that factory site he was having possible EMI/RFI trouble with the RS+. ; )

2 Likes

Here are a few more results this topic may need to be renamed .
This is base

and now the tests on most of these it still took RS2 a couple of minutes for a fix ,but RS+ only float

suprisinly we got a fix on both of them here

at this next one was tough after 5 minutes no fix so i took RS2 away from the trees a bit to get fix and return and it kept the fix! Tried the same with RS+ it would get fix when you waited a bit away but lost as soon as you got near

Same here had to walk away to get fix and once it had it the RS2 kept it pretty good

And these were my settings

So RS2 really works a lot better in difficult areas

4 Likes