"can't connect to reach": cannot find ReachView-2

I have the very same problem as described in

After connecting to the reach network I can select my RS2 unit but after a while I just get:
“can’t connect to reach”
The problem is that I cannot follow the proposed solution:
“Try connecting using ReachView 2 and get it connected to a WiFi network. Then you will be able to download the Dev Update.”
I have Reachview3 but cannot find ReachView2 for downloading.

How can I solve this problem?
Agus

Solved, had not read
“Turn off the mobile data on your device before connecting to Reach’s hotspot.”
(First setup | Reach RS2/RS2+)
I suggests noting this in
Contents | Reach RS2/RS2+
as well
Agus

1 Like

Hi Agus,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update! Our forum tends to do that: you find the answer to the question right after posting it :sweat_smile:

The turned-on mobile data can indeed prevent you from connecting to the unit’s hotspots. It happens usually because the unit tries to always stay connected to the Internet. As Reach’s Wi-Fi doesn’t provide it, the mechanism goes with the obvious option: stay with the mobile data.

I agree, we’ll need to add it to the Quickstart as well. We’ll discuss the best way to do it with the team :wink:

By the way, please note that ReachView 2 is a deprecated app. You really can’t find it in the stores. Please use ReachView 3: it gives you more features, from working with different coordinate systems to creating your own NTRIP profiles for frequent use.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.