Can't connect to new RS2

I added a wifi network for an RS2 to connect to, and it has connected (Solid blue wifi light). I can’t discover it in the Reachview app though. Is there a way to force the RS2 into hotspot mode again?

Can you turn off all of your other WiFi transmitters?

2 Likes

Yes, or just walk far enough away and then reboot. Or stick your RS2 in a metal paint can / filing cabinet or something else that attenuates the Wi-Fi signal enough that RS2 can’t connect, and so it starts a hotspot instead.

The method I prefer is just to plug in the USB cable between Reach and my computer and setup the Ethernet over USB interface with the computer’s side set to IP 192.168.2.1, then I can just open up my web browser and point it to 192.168.2.15 which is Reach’s static IP address for the USB interface.

The end result is that I can work with ReachView though the USB cable and optionally manage any Wi-Fi settings or modes there. No reboots, walking, or faraday cages required :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I walked away and “forgot” that wifi network on both RS2s. I then connected both to a different network, and that worked? Don’t know why the one RS2 didn’t like the office wifi.

Hi Derrick,

Did you manage to connect to this RS2?

I had problems with the android app. I used a iphone to run the update.

after the update i could use the android app. Its also possible to use webbrower… just enter the ip of you basestation… you can the ip one network map on you wifi router.

I did end up getting both RS2’s on the same network. For one reason or another the second RS2 was not discoverable on the original wifi. So I had to connect both to a different wifi.

Whoa, that’s what I need! (Hardware network connection route needed). Can you point to docs on how to setup ethernet over usb between Win10 and Reach?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.