Can I fly navio quad without rc controller (only rpi wifi)?

Hey,
for start I would like to test the quad flight without buying any telemetry unit or RC,
is it possible to fly with rpi 3 wifi connection only?

Hi @roishachar,

I see that you’ve created another thread with the same question:

So, if you still have problems, feel free to ask more questions there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m still wondering if macbook and rpi3 built in wifi can support (EZ)Wifibroadcast?

Even if you can, you might look into legal issues, as you can’t manually control the craft, in case navigation-capabilities are lost.

actually I already bought taranis X7, so I have long range for control, now I’m wondering about video transmission.

Hi @roishachar,

How’s your test going?

1 Like

Hey I’m now binding taranis QX7 with XSR-M receiver, I saw an option to connect it via smart port and get telemetry back.
2 question:
a. if it send telemetry, do I still need an addition unit of 433mhz 3dr telemetry unit ?
b. do I need any special cables/converters to use smart port with navio2 ?

My Navio 2 flies copter with 4G modem and no RC control. So the answer for your 1st question is “yes”.
But I was unable to make initial calibration without RC connected. Anyway, having radio controller near your hands helps sometimes not to crash )
Next. If you are happy with RC telemetry, then you don’t need something else. But it is not possible to view native autopilot telemetry with it or upload/download missions. You need 3dr modem (or similar) to connect with Ground Control software (QGroundControl, Mission Planner, etc).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.