@bide on Reach RS2

I’m not familiar with the hardware differences between the RS and the RS+. Do you believe an RS (not RS+) functioning as a rover would work with RS2 as a base, or is the RS too outdated to perform well with the RS2?

(Trying to strategically figure out how much funding I can bug my boss about in order to get new toys for the office) :wink:

Thanks for sharing your tests on the RS2! Certainly looks promising, and very applicable for a number of conditions I run into in the field! :tipping_hand_woman::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

RS and RS+ have different computing cores, but the GNSS receiver; antenna; and LoRa radio are the same.

And so they are both compatible with Reach RS2.

Best of luck!

4 Likes

The RS+ has more memory storage also.

RS2 won’t work with RS+ base as RS2 requires multi-band corrections.

3 Likes

Ok… i guess that is good to know… how bout the other way around to finish the thought? The RS2 I assume can serve as BASE for a mix of RS/RS+ AND RS2’s ROVERS?

correct

2 Likes

…also with any third-party dual/multi-frequency rovers. Not just Emlid.

Hence why the RS2 is a breakthrough product at a breakthrough price point. In fact it will serve corrections on 4 or 5 (depending if you’re in the QZSS footprint) constellations where some bases costing 4 or 5 times as much will only provide GPS+GLO corrections.

3 Likes

Realy?

yes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.