Base and rover setup

Good morning to all
As I am not sure I understand.
I am planning to buy a second RS2 and use it as a base.
I didn’t understand what is the correct way to use it so could you please help ?

Scenario 1: place with good internet coverage and no known landmark.
Connect the base to NTRIP and share corrections to Rover via LoRa?
Or do I need PPP first?

Scenario 2 : area with no Internet coverage and no known landmark?
PPP only?

Regards

First question would be if you need absolute accuracy or just relative precision in relation to your base?

1 Like

Hello I believe i will need both in the near future :slight_smile:

If you have NTRIP available, the easist thing to do is to setup with a 30 min Average fix on the base, and then get going with your rover over LoRa. Continue to collect NTRIP and Base raw-data, and then when you come home, you can PPK the exact base coordinates with many hours of data (especially needed for long baselines), and the adjust your rover-data with the difference between the 30 min avg fix and the PPK’ed position.

PPP, or get Rinex data from a CORS up to 100 km away. Depending on how long you observe the point, distance to nearest CORS and how fast you need the coordinate, your preferred option may vary.

4 Likes

Hi Nikolaus,

Christian summed up your options pretty well, so kudos to him for the help!

There are only a couple of instructions that I’d like to add to this thread to make the setup even more straightforward for you.

7 Likes

Thanks !!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.