Arducopter Lastest (4.0.3) - Building from sources OR getting the binary from repository?

Hi there,

I’m going to upgrade the copter firmware from my Navio2/RPi 4 board (running 3.6.11) to 4.0-lastest.

What’s better: Build the new firmware from the sources OR downloading the binary from ardupilot repository (ArduPilot firmware : /Copter/stable/navio2) ?
What would be the difference?

Thanks in advance.

Upgrading firmware with ArduPilot repository is the easy road. Latest stable (4.0.3) miss some feature as Navio Led light stay off after initial boot sequence. Emlid made some library changes to solve the problem (I built 4.1 dev version and Led is OK) but I’m not sure 4.03 will be fine if built on my Pi.

1 Like

Thanks @mlebret!

Besides the LED bugfix, anything else? like performance ou reliability?

I use 6S, 15" around KV350 Y6 and OctoQuadX. I need OneShot125 to avoid desynchronising and the option is not working since 3.6.0

So I stay with 3.5.7

I use 4.03 with development quad. So far it works fine

1 Like

I see!
But my question cencerns about anything else (besides led fixes) between compiling ou downloading binaries from repository.

Hi @giliardi,

I’d like to tell you that we have released the new image for Navio2. Now it supports ArduCopter 4.0.3. You can learn more about the fixes and updates on this community forum thread.

Also, it’d be great if you shared how it works for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.