Aluminium Weaver Mk2

Following the success of its predessor, today started to assemble Aluminium Weaver Mk2.

Have few interesting component layouts in my mind.

So far welded frame weight: 97g

Not bad for 500mm frame.

2 Likes

Hi @anton.pryamostanov,

It’d be nice to see the finished built.

1 Like

Today’s progress:

1 Like

Todays progress.

Frame 90% ready.

4 Likes

12000 mAh 3sp1 with balancing port ready:

1 Like

Frame fully ready.

Complete frame weight: 200g.

1 Like

And starting assemble.

1 Like

Wiring.

2 Likes

Todays progress.

Unfortunatelly it seems that ESC is cooked. I did a mistake by not checking it right after unpacking. After all soldering it did not power up. Will have to order new one.

3 Likes

Weight is same as previous version (1700g including battery), however new drone has 12000mAh battery vs 5500mAh in previous. Thus expecting flight times around 25 minutes.

That’s starting to look like a pretty serious rig now!

1 Like

Wohaa… that looks like a problem ready to blow up.
I am impressed by the dimmensions of your balls :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Before I put a payload on this battery, and a fire starts - can you tell me why would it cause a fire?

Unprotected metal surface is my main concern

Is it going to oxidize/corrode under current?

So far on previous drone the switch didn’t corrode. Are these connections for indoor usage only?

I am flying mostly over the sea and seashore.

it only takes seconds for the lipo to blow up if its shortcut.

3 Likes

oh that thing. I see. This should not short, I put some pvc tape between unconnected terminals.
I will put additonal PVC layers though. Thanks for advice!

3 Likes

How about this, Elon Musk?

(plugged not fully because I need to test rotation direction)

1 Like

Thank you for keeping us updated!

You are comming up with dangerously creative solutions. I know that from myself, but wise men and women do not do the errors others did before… . Its a good idea to rethink your own ideas and drop them if necessary. And yes, it is hard to drop your own ideas.

Some remarks:

Your battery looks extreamly dangerous. Not funny.

You should at least add some serious insulation between the conductive parts. If they will ever get in touch (which will happen, you can be absolutely sure) the lipo will explode.
I personally would never ever do such thinks with lipos.

I also would solder the esc motor connections. Its safer and will safe at least 1 min flight time through reduced weight.

I’m looking forward to see it fly!

3 Likes

Thanks for the comments.

I will cut the battery terminals small to the size of attached wire terminals and add insulation for each of them.

Later I will solder the ESC-motor wires - that was my initial plan. Just I suddenly realized XT60 has exactly same size as Sunnysky motor plugs - and wanted to try that :slight_smile:

1 Like