All-new Emlid Reach RX: pocket-sized RTK rover for $1599

Is there something with sub-meter accuracy without corrections?

1 Like

Maybe I understand the specs wrong, but the F9P chip should be able to do sub-meter accuracy in SINGLE.

Yea the Reach RS2+ is pretty good. I have it cooking right now collecting raw data and it has a single solution only with around 25 cm horizontal accuracy and ranges from 0.5 to 0.7 m on the vertical side.

That makes sense. Sorry my American brain was thinking sub foot, lol… how long do you bake for?

1 Like

That would be a game changer if it did.

Well once it has been turned on and sitting for about 5 minutes you start to get those accuracies, but I am collecting raw data for an OPUS point so Im letting bake for about 2.5 hours.

1 Like

Hello! May I ask how it is possible to replace internal battery (for example after 4 years using)? How much it would cost me and where it will be possible? ( at the local suplayer for 1 hour?)
Thanks for answer.
Peter, Slovakia

2 Likes

You buy a new one. That’s how tech is these days whether we like it or not. $1750 w/tax at 4 years is $450/yr which is totally achievable if you take care of your gear. A Topcon VR is about $15-18k or $250/week… It’s like buying at new drone every two years. This is business.

4 Likes

As much as I totally agree with you.

If you want to save money buy a screw driver set and learn how to use it. Broken equipment is the best to learn on, and finding parts has never been easier with google search.

But the reality is in 4 or more years, they will have some new magic product that works even better. Todays old tech will be left to sit in a cardboard box. I have some old Trimble L1 gps only gear if anyone is interested…… no takers?

5 Likes

I’ve got a 15-year-old Topcon Hiper + that still works as long as it connected to a battery power station. It’s been most of its time as an antique in my office but it’s still there.

You know I guess you could do the same thing with an RX and a small power pack… This thing might last forever!

3 Likes

I ordered this and an RS2+, you guys have been doing incredible work, you have a lifetime supporter with me and my business. Great Job!!

13 Likes

Hi @dbuchanan, and we’re always here for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello!!!
Were multipath tests done for this model, this antenna?
What’s the conclusion?

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Reach RX battery is built-in and thus not removable. But it can handle many cycles of charging and discharging without any issues. Just like batteries on the rest of our receivers. For example, Reach RS2 will turn 4 years old soon. And I can’t recall any cases of battery degradation on it throughout this time.

We want our devices to work long and stable. That’s why we spend much time thoroughly testing the materials and components for the units we manufacture. All of it helps us find the ones we can trust the most.

1 Like

Tanks for your answer.
Regards
Peter, Slovakia

1 Like

Hi Mauricio,

Sure, we conducted many tests to ensure that Reach RX works properly, including the multipath ones. I can hardly share the exact results of them. But I can confirm that it works the same way as on the Reach RS2.

2 Likes

Hey Julia,
Thanks for the re-assurance on the reliability of the batteries.
However, in view of the fact that the battery will most likely be the first hardware to fail - Do you have any recommendations regarding how we could alternately power the receiver in the field?

The USB-C port would be the obvious first choice but isn’t there also a means to power the receiver through another port?
What DC supply specifications would you recommend?

The RX only has a USB-C port.

1 Like

…and the RS2/RS2+ ?

In addition they have LoRa radio and an RS232 port.

1 Like