All-new Emlid Reach RX: pocket-sized RTK rover for $1599

I am aware of the ports on the receiver.
My question is:
In the event of (the inevitable) battery failure; what recommendations do you make to power the (RS2) receiver alternately?
I know the receiver can be powered via the usb-c port. Is this recommended during use?
What other external power supply specification & portal can be recommended in the event of a battery failure?

We use small powerbanks if it looks like it going to be running close. It only needs to supply the standard 5v/2A power.

2 Likes

Thanks

Hi Adrian,

Reach RX battery provides up to 16 hours of autonomous work. But if your job takes longer, you can power the device with a simple power bank, as Michael mentioned. Standard options like 5V/2A or 5V/3A should work fine.

Talking about Reach RS2/Reach RS2+, you can use the same power bank. There is also an option which is mostly used for permanent bases—powering via RS-232 port. In this case, the voltage should be in the range from 6 V to 40 V. As for power, for operating device it should be not less than 7.5W and not more than 10W.

1 Like

Thank you Julia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.