After update

OK, keep the Putty window open. The question is: Do you want Reach to connect to your phone wifi or your office wifi?

smartphone wifi, but now is still not connected, i turn it off.

If your computer is connected to the office wifi, then you will not be able to use your computer to connect with Reach except over USB.

I think you should be connecting your laptop to your smartphone wifi so it is on the same network as Reach.

i can do it before, but now i donā€™t know how to do it. should i reboot my reach then turn wifi phone On? what about puty window, is it no problem if i reboot the reach?

So turn your smartphone wifi on, and in the Putty window reconfigure wifi to make sure it is correct:
sudo configure_edison --wifi
and follow the prompts
then type:
ifconfig
and see the new IP address for wlan0
connect your computer to your smartphone laptop wifi and type that IP address in the browser and bingo! it should be working for you.

there should be no need to reboot Reach

Configure Edison: WiFi Connection

Scanning: 1 seconds left

0 : Rescan for networks
1 : Exit WiFi Setup
2 : Manually input a hidden SSID
3 : @wifi.id
4 : BPN BATANGHARI
5 : Kantah Bt.Hari
6 : Lenovo P70-A
7 : BPN_BATANGHARI

Enter 0 to rescan for networks.
Enter 1 to exit.
Enter 2 to input a hidden network SSID.
Enter a number between 3 to 7 to choose one of the listed network SSIDs: 6
Is Lenovo P70-A correct? [Y or N]: y
Password must be between 8 and 63 characters.
What is the network password?: *********
Initiating connection to Lenovo P70-A. Please waitā€¦
Attempting to enable network access, please check ā€˜wpa_cli statusā€™ after a minute to confirm.
Done. Please connect your laptop or PC to the same network as this device and go to http://192.168.43.211 or http://dicky.local in your browser.
dicky:~/ReachView$

but i still canā€™t open in chrome browser with this ip address 192.168.43.211

Itā€™s looking goodā€¦

You didnā€™t say that you connected your computer to the Lenovo P70-A network. Have you done this yet?

1 Like

haā€¦haā€¦
OMGā€¦
i can open it.
thank you bide, you are very helpfullā€¦

but may i ask you two more thing, about how to show the accuracy and how to store a point when it get fixed.

:sunglasses:
Oh Boy! I took you the very long way around to figure that out. Sorry! But you followed directions well and learned some things that may be useful for you later about ethernet over USB and running commands over ssh.

Reach does not show itā€™s accuracy within the ReachView app (but soon I think it will). That information is stored in the log files that you download afterward. Understand that you will get a position solution file (.pos) with many many coordinates and standard deviations. These must be averaged in some way, but most people open up their .pos file with the program RTKPLOT.exe, and in the options, you can ā€œenable statisticsā€ and that will give you some extra information. edit: You can also pick a certain start and stop time so that it it is dealing with only the period of time that applies to a certain point.

2 Likes

Now is a good time type exit in the Putty window; unplug Reach and power it up again and see if the Green LED comes back or if it blinks like it should; and also see if it connects to your smartphone wifi automatically.

1 Like

itā€™s done, awesomeā€¦
thank you very much bide. very helpfullā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to be of assistance!

1 Like