Accessing emlid Kernal log

Hello,
I was doing some tests with the reach m+ module and suddenly it stopped working. I suspect it was due to temperature since it was a very hot day with direct sunlight.
However, after going through the forum and finding other issues I came across this post:

where the user manages to provide the following log message:
“kernel[327]: [12549.889712] thermal thermal_zone0: critical temperature reached (105 C), shutting down”.
I would like to access these logs and check if the reason for the shutdown was indeed the temperature.
I have tried to ssh into the module and look in the /var/log/ folder but I cannot access the journals (due to permissions) which is where I suspect this information is.
Thanks,
Jose Rosa

Hi Jose,

Welcome to our community forum!

You can send me the Full system report to figure out the reason for the shutdown. I’ll check the temperature log along with other logs and write you back. You can do it via PM or via support@emlid.com since there can be a sensitive data.

1 Like

I have sent it to the support email.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the report! I’ve checked the temperature log and found out shutdowns there. However, I can’t conclude that they happened due to overheating, since the temperature was not so high.

Please share the power supply scheme in this case, and how did you power the unit before. We need to check whether these issues are related to the inappropriate power supply.

1 Like

And those are not related to when we shutdown the power normally?
Either way, our configuration for power is the following:
A 1.8m micro USB cable and a dual USB adaptor connected to a computer. One for data and the other for power, having 1A current (in theory).

1 Like

Those shutdowns may be caused by unplugging the receiver manually. How do you turn off the receiver: via software or via manual unplugging?

The PC is a stable and appropriate power source. But what if we try to connect Reach M+ directly to the PC or a wall adapter? Just to ensure that the same behavior persists in another power scheme.

1 Like

Usually by shutting down the computer, but lately this was not the case, so that might be the issue. The issue has not been happening lately. Therefore, it is hard to replicate… The weather has been cooler and the box has been moved from direct sunlight. I will investigate this further if it happens again. Thank you for your help.

Hi Jose,

Glad to hear that!

However, if you notice anything suspicious in the device’s behavior, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.