Emlid

Community Forum

A question about communication via hotspot

(Y) #1

Hi everybody:
This is an interesting attempt.Can i connect one Reach module to a hotspot created by another Reach module?So i will choose one of them as Base,another as Rover,and the Base will send RTCM3 to Rover via TCP.
At first, I connected Rover to Base hotspot,but i found it’s no way to access rover,so i couldn’t view if it worked well.Then i connected Base to Rover hotspot,but it didn’t work as i expected.
Do you have any suggestion for me?Thank you very much!

(Egor Fedorov) #2

Hi!

Sure, you can. When Reach creates a hotspot, it takes the 192.168.42.1 address. To all the connected devices, it gives addresses in the same subnet, usually 192.168.42.2X. After connecting with your phone/tablet, you can use an app like fing, to scan the network you are in and discover all connected devices, including both Reaches.

(Y) #3

Thank you very much! It’s so magic!
I have connected the Base to the hotspot created by the Rover,and the Rover had the 192.168.42.1 address,the Base had 192.168.42.20.The next will be easy.

Best wishes!

(l3technologycambodia) #4

It would be very very useful for field work and area where NTRIP corrections are needed if next version of Reach RS can integrate sim card for internet connection.

(Egor Fedorov) #5

Well, we have support for USB 3G modems and we can use bluetooth for inputting correction from your phone.

ReachView 2 beta Suggestions/features request
(l3technologycambodia) #6

really? that would be very useful. Could you give some instructions how to use USB 3G modem with Reach RS? I see only small port for charging not USB port.

(Egor Fedorov) #7

Take look at these release notes here:

(l3technologycambodia) #9

Would be good to have nice instructions on how to use USB 3G/4G modem with Reach RS. Kind of in need for this because using my mobile phones for internet connections were so painful.