Wrong time in base logging

Good morning: I took a measurement yesterday, September 16, between approximately 9 am and 1 pm (Panama time zone GMT -5).
My base and rover equipment are Emlid Reach RS2, version firmware 31.2 r2

Today I see that the base recorded a file that says September 15 01:47 - 05:57 which clearly does not coincide with the session time, however, since it is the only file, I am sure it was yesterday’s session.
I would like to know what is happening and if this file works to process the point.
The rover have the correct information in the log file, but the base not.
Thank you so much

1 Like

When I updated the firmware from 30.1 to 31.3, it recorded the ubx on September 5 when I did the update. Now you have many megabytes saved on that day and it does not record the ubx day by day

Today’s work, September 18, is not recorded on the corresponding day. Base firmware 31.3

in the rover if today’s ubx was saved.
Firmware 31.3

Today I have already the 31.3 firmware version, and the problem continues. After install the 31.3 firmware, today september 18 I loged and the file have september 17. It is so worrying and frustrating, and anyone in Emlid have an answer to this problem…

We need to someone at Emlid provide a solution to this problem.

2 Likes

The problem has been resolved with a “Restore inital settings” in Troubleshooting page.

The real problem is two works with a wrong logging to be impossible to post process.

The first thing I did was restore to the initial configuration, the rover does save the data as it should, but the base saved the ubx data on the day the restoration was done.

Hi guys,

Restoring the initial setting is indeed a good solution for incorrect date of logs, but sometimes it doesn’t solve the problem. It’s a known issue from our side, and we are currently working on it. It will be fixed in the 32 Beta version.

But it’s important to note that you only see the wrong date in the Logging tab. @agrimgalina, please download and check the log from your base. It should have the correct time and date.

PS: The time marks in the Logging tab don’t adjust to the local time zone. It’s always GPST.

1 Like

Yes, I see the correct times on different days but it overlaps the initial log. I want to go back to a stable version for professional work, I can’t continue like this. 30.1 worked very well, there is a possibility to downgrade to a previous version. I sent Liudmila all the files by e-mail
Thank you

1 Like

Hi Zoltan, thanks for your response.
In effect, my base has been running well with the initial settings, but I discover other thing.

While the base is connected to my wifi network (home or office) the logs have the right date and the right hour, but when I go to the field, the base logs have the right date, but the hours are 3 hours wrong.

In the two cases, I download de logs, and see it in the emlid studio, and have the right date and right hours, however, I think the emlid staff must be fix it asap.

Thanks.

Yeah ! that same thing happens to me

Hi Zoltan, exists a way to recovery the logs deleted ?

I deleted two logs so important cause its has wrong date…

BlockquoteWhile the base is connected to my wifi network (home or office) the logs have the right date and the right hour, but when I go to the field, the base logs have the right date, but the hours are 3 hours wrong.

We are aware of the issue, and we are working to resolve it. The next Beta version will include a fix.

Hi Zoltan, exists a way to recovery the logs deleted?

I discussed your question with the team and I’m afraid there is no way to recover deleted logs.