Wifi parameters

Hello, I’m wondering how I can update the wifi parameters of the reach modules without reflashing them? They will be used on multiple networks. Or can the Reach View App be accessed over usb somehow if there is no wifi network?

Hello Thomas,

Reach will act as an access point if no known Wi-Fi networks are found during boot. Once it boots as an AP, you can add new networks via the “Settings tab”(gear icon tab on the right). Even though you are forced to add networks one by one, it still remembers all of them.

Thank you for pointing out how that works. Ive been working on it some more and I can get the Reach to connect to a hotspot set by my phone, but I cant see it on my home wireless network. It must be seeing the network and connecting to it, because it’s not creating its own access point.

If there are two networks that are available which it knows, which one does it connect to and how do I make it forget a network? Is there a config file that I can access on the Edison to change this stuff?

how I could change/delete some invalid wifi credentials saved on my reach??
When I flash the device I know all credentials are cleaned, but I would like to have a soft method than a flash way…

thanks!

off the top of my mind so not sure 100% about names

• connect to the reach as root@reach(ip address here) via eth over usb or ssh over wifi
  • edit /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf as needed
1 Like

Better Wi-Fi setup is on our feature list

Meanwhile, you can connect to Reach via ssh and edit /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what I needed!