WiFi connection fails

I’m having the same significant wi-fi issue as described in various ways all over these forums. My explaination and plea for help:

Reach RS+ is locked into hotspot mode, when I try to connect to the wi-fi network that was previously used, the blue light on the RS+ blinks several times, then the RS+ stops it’s hotspot generation momentarily, the reachview app / browser loses connection to the hotspot, then the RS+ quickly reverts to hotspot mode.

Hi @michaelL,

Do you have the same issue with different WiFi networks and hotposts?

Also, please. look at this @Hbb thread. Hope you’ll find it helpful.

Hi @benjaminjcates,

What ReachView version do you have?

Also, please. look at this @Hbb thread. Hope you’ll find it helpful.

Thank you, that thread is helpful. The wifi connection requires several turn off + turn on of the rover in order to break out of the hotspot creating. Not the best solution, but I assume when the developer Reachview updates are published as stable, with the wifi connection allowance period is increased, that this connection will be more reliable.

Thanks for your answer!

No, just connecting to the receiver’s hotspot.

@michaelL, can I ask you to update to 2.15.5 dev, please, to confirm that you still have that issue?

Thanks.

I will try to do that today. Thank you.

Have you got an update on the issue, @michaelL?

I will be using them today and should have some time to do some testing. I’ll report back before the end of the day.

I was able to update to 2.15.5 and it appears to have resolved the networking issues that I was having. I tested with both my Pixel 2XL on pie and my iPad 2017. Switching between base and Rover continuously and that never failed to pull up the emlid splash screen or require re-entering the password. another thing that it appears to have resolved is that I can now connect to the receivers through my Verizon tower router. I haven’t tried with hotspot from my phone or tablet yet

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.