Which Navigation/Orbit Files To Use?

There are 5 navigation files with contents after converting ubx to rinex. But there are only 4 boxes for navigation files in rtkpost. The *.*C & *.*L files are for Galileo satellites. Which of these 2 should I use to fill up the navigation boxes? I read the RTKLib manual but it does not mention which specific files goes to which boxes.

If you use rinex 3, then just combine the nav files when converting in RTKconv. Much simpler.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I need it in v2.11 or earlier because we need to use this in a legacy software that has problems reading higher rinex versions. I could export it to 2 versions for use in both rtklib and the older software but would prefer to just keep 1 version.

Hi Juan,

RINEX v2.11 supports GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo constellations. You can input GPS *.**N, GLONASS *.**G, and Galileo *.**L files together in the NAV section of RTKPost.

*.**C stands for the Clock files. You don’t need them for post-processing.

1 Like

Q file is for Baidou also included?

Hi Juan,

I’ve tested that you can convert RINEX 3 with BeiDou observations to RINEX 2. In this case, the *.**C, *.**O, and *.**N files are created for BeiDou.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.