What kind of absolute position accuracy is typical?

Traditional in the sense that a base is placed, and a nearby rover receiving corrections from it?

Correct, before services. I guess you could call it old school. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Performed my test, see here:

Our process for testing the validity of a tied point is to tie a point, walk away, lose initialization, regain a fix, then stake the point again to see how close the results are. We rarely find an occasion where a tied point is wrong, but we have, to the order of several feet. If you don’t lose initialization before checking you could be using the same bad fix while getting the same bad results. The statements above are from using survey grade Trimble in RTK mode.

Totally agree. If I am setting up a GPS network for a jobsite or GCP network I always carry around a 60D nail or something with enough metal in my pocket to quickly break the fix. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of seconds before you see something happening. It then goes to float, hopefully for just a minute, and then fixes again. I think allot of focus is on the speed of the survey and sometimes we forget the survey values. Measure twice, cut once…

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.