What happens if the combination of RS2 and Rs +?

Ideally Base and Rover are of one type (RS2 & RS2)

I want to ask, what if I use RS+ As Base and RS2 As Rover …?
Is the RS2 Performance as a Rover the same if Base uses RS2 too ?, or is there a difference due to RS + Still L1?

Thanks

1 Like

You would not be using it to its potential. The rover can only use what the base is using.

2 Likes

…and vice versa. They will only run on the L1 channel.

2 Likes

and what happens if it’s the other way around?

I use RS2 as a base, and RS + as a rover?
Will it increase the ability of RS +? …

Or I use RS2 as a base, and 2 Rover units consist of RS2 and RS +?

You are only as good as your “weakest link”. L1 will only be used if in the mix.

3 Likes

Hi @echoxs,

Let me conclude on this topic.

As our users have already pointed out, when you’re using Reach RS2 as a base for Reach RS+, you can’t benefit from the advantages of working with a multi-band system. Reach RS+ will be able to work with L1-corrections only.

We don’t recommend using Reach RS+ as a base for Reach RS2 as Reach RS2 expects multi-frequency corrections and Reach RS+ can’t provide them.

6 Likes

That’s a good point. It might be better to use the RS2 as the base in that scenario then…

3 Likes

As in all work, it depends on what it requires. For example, use RS2 as a base and RS + as a rover and while I still work with L1, by using NTRIP I can have coverage up to 65 km with centimeter precision according to my needs.

1 Like

For me RS2 should be the base. Also because you can get good PPP solution for base after a few hours. When you are far from known point or out of NTRIP coverage this is my prefered solution in remote places.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.