Weak RTK signal P4M

Hello everyone.

I’m having problems wit integrating the Phantom 4 multispectral with corrections using EMLID caster. I don’t know where the issue is; whether the RS2 side or the drone side.

Error on the drone app says:

Weak RTK signal (8012)

It says its fixed, buy in yellow. This also happens with UgCS, here it says’: Connected. Not in use. ’ and also a message of ‘Weak RTK signal’

This happens some times, when I change battery it will either fix well or not, it doesn’t seem to change during the flight so far.

I tried restarting the drone, controller, ipad or android device connected to the controller. Couldn’t do the base because it is probably 1 km away, but same thin happened it being maybe 200 m away.

Didn’t have this trouble with P4R last week, and I’ve been using the same config on the RS2.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to our community!

What you can check:

• Ensure the Internet connection is stable. From the Reach RS2 side, you can try another Wi-Fi network, mobile hotspot, or a SIM card.

• Check that the drone and the base are placed in a rather open area without RF interference. It allows them to obtain good-quality satellite signals.

If you have another GNSS receiver, you can also make a quick test: connect it as a rover to the Reach RS2 base and check if the correction input via the Emlid Caster works smoothly.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.