WARNING:dronekit:Link timeout, no heartbeat in last 5 seconds

Hi there, i’ve been facing a real issue about dronekit timeout and until now i did’nt find a way to handle that. Can any one help me about that issue? I’m using a navio2 with a raspberry pi 3.

ERROR:dronekit.mavlink:Exception in MAVLink input loop
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/dronekit/mavlink.py”, line 211, in mavlink_thread_in
fn(self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 1371, in listener
self._heartbeat_error)
dronekit.APIException: No heartbeat in 30 seconds, aborting.
File “Land_mission.py”, line 82, in
vehicle = connectMyCopter()
File “Land_mission.py”, line 23, in connectMyCopter
vehicle = connect(connection_string, wait_ready=True)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 3166, in connect
vehicle.initialize(rate=rate, heartbeat_timeout=heartbeat_timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 2275, in initialize
raise APIException(‘Timeout in initializing connection.’)
dronekit.APIException: Timeout in initializing connection.

Hi @ornestpompidou,

Welcome to the community forum!

You may try to change the timeout parameter to 120 seconds or more in the _ _ init _ _.py file from Dronekit. As I know, this issue might appear because it takes approximately 2 minutes to download the parameters at the default baud rate.

HI @liudmila.slepova,

Thanks for the reply, but i changed it as you told me, and i still get the same issue. I even tried using 200 s instead of 120 s but it didn’t solve the problem.

Is there any other way to handle it?

pi@navio:~/Ornest $ sudo python Land_mission.py --connect 127.0.0.1:14550
ERROR:dronekit.mavlink:Exception in MAVLink input loop
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dronekit/mavlink.py”, line 211, in mavlink_thread_in
fn(self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 1371, in listener
self._heartbeat_error)
APIException: No heartbeat in 200 seconds, aborting.
File “Land_mission.py”, line 81, in
vehicle = connectMyCopter()
File “Land_mission.py”, line 20, in connectMyCopter
vehicle = connect(connection_string, wait_ready=True)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 3166, in connect
vehicle.initialize(rate=rate, heartbeat_timeout=heartbeat_timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dronekit/init.py”, line 2275, in initialize
raise APIException(‘Timeout in initializing connection.’)
dronekit.APIException: Timeout in initializing connection.

PS: It works well when i simulate a sitl using dronekit-sitl and mission planner.

@liudmila.slepova,

I’ve been looking in so many communities now, and they said that it works with previous version of arducopter(3.5.5, 3.6). So is it possible to get pre-build previous version of ardupilot ? I’ll be glad if you help me in this way.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ornestpompidou,

You can download the previous stable binary files from the ArduPilot build server. After that, you need to declare the path to the custom binary in /etc/systemd/system/ardupilot.service. Please check this part of the guide that explains how to launch custom binary.

Hi @liudmila.slepova,

Thanks for the help, i’ve already done that, but the issue i now get is that every time i restart the RPI, it automaticaly boots on the arducopter that i don’t want to use. And because of that i can’t be sure of wich one i’m using when i try to make calibration. I’ll provide the different step i used, but do you know how i can disable the arducopter that came with the navio definitely so that it will only boot on the one i build? I built mine using copter-3.6.11.

Hi @ornestpompidou,

I suggest checking whether the default ArduCopter is enabled on boot by running sudo emlidtool ardupilot. In the boot section, please select disable.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.