Visible Float & Fix solution status, elevation & antenna height, collection time & Moving the Base

Thanks for everything @tatiana.andreeva

Can anyone tell me in terms of sky visibility the affects of setting up my RS+ base on a pole-mounted bracket on a power pole for corrections over LoRa (is there a preferred quadrant of the sky in Australia that visibility should always be maintained) and is there a substantial interference and error risk of surveying the centre line under power lines with my rover RS+ in LoRa and or NTRIP modes.

You are giving your units a chance now? :sunglasses: This would be your best location for a clear skyview assuming no nearby foliage. However, you may get some electrical interference on the equipment but I have nothing scientific to show it has an affect on precision. What size lines we talking here? Use fiberglass survey rods…

I had base very near the lines and LoRa held for almost 2km. What is your anticipated baseline? NTRIP may be better option over wifi. See a thread I started below:

Hi & thanks for you response @RTK_Hunter

Instead of using a tripod out in the open my intention is to mount a temporary bracket on one of the power poles in the survey (2m to 3m up for security from stock and the public) so being only 200mm to 400mm of the pole I thought to pole may block a portion of skyview, hence my question about what would be the best side of the pole to mount it in Australia to reduce this.
Powerlines range from low voltage (240V) to sub-transmission 66kv in urban, ruran and remote locations.

2km will cover 80% of what i do. I will use NTRIP where possible but the we only haveing around 40 AUSCORS NTRIP Broadcaster points across Queensland accuracy will be diminished in a lot of cases not to mention internet access is limited.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.