Variance Covariance Matrix

Good morning,

I use reach rs 2. I would need the variance and covariance matrices in the data extracted from an nrtk survey. In the output data I see that there are North, East and Up RMSEs. In addition to these data, the lateral RMS is also present. Could someone please explain to me if it is possible to get variance and covariance matrices via reachview?

Thank you very much

Hi Francesco,

At the moment, it’s not possible to get the variance/covariance matrix from ReachView. Would you mind sharing what you’re aiming to accomplish using that data? This might help us to recommend any particular workflow that will suit your needs.

1 Like

Good evening,

thanks for the replies. When I go to compile the software to stack the manufactured in Italy, I have the obligation to enter the data of the Variance-Covariance matrix or alternatively the cofactor matrix and the RMS.
The only way I have right now is post processing.
I attach a picture of the software.

Thanks again,

regards

varianza

cofattori

Hi Francesco,

Sorry for the late reply.

As far as I know, the covariance matrix is calculated during network adjustment and is used for network accuracy estimation. Network adjustment can be done as a part of the post-processing, so we can hardly get this matrix from RTK results.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.
I’m trying to build the data I need with a script. Can I ask you the physical meaning of the precisions that I underline in the image?
I don’t understand why the values ​​next to it are 0 0 0.

Thank you

Hi Francesco,

The values in these three columns (sdn, sde, sdu) are the standard deviations of the solution. They assume a priori error model and error parameters by positioning options. Basically, this is how far a given point is from average.

These columns are sdne, sdeu, sdun. The values are always zero as RS2 doesn’t obtain the information to calculate them.

Thank you Liudmila, I’m close to understanding the subject. I need to know sdne sdnu sdeu to finish my work. I have seen that if I do post processing with raw data and corrections from permanent stations, in the .pos file I get the sdne sdnu sdeu values. Can you explain to me if there is a way to get them directly from the rtk survey? I don’t know if it’s just my problem, or in general. I use Reach Rs 2 as a rover, and I connect NRTK in Italy with Leica Smartnet.

Could it be the choice of mountpoint? I used I-Max Msm for this survey, but Vrs, Max (Mac) or Nearest are also present.

Hi Francesco,

sdn, sde, sdu values can be retrieved only during the post-processing. I can barely guide you through the process of getting them in RTK as Reach receivers don’t support such calculations.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.