Using Webcam (UVC camera) on Emlid Edge with GCS

Hi everybody,

I’ve searched for a long time about how to use a USB camera on Emlid Edge. But I’m still stuck.

I’ve connected a USB camera on Edge’s USB 1 port. The device is available under:
/dev/video0

I was able to broadcast the video to my computer (and to see it) using this command, during ssh connection:
$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1 ! videoconvert ! jpegenc ! udpsink host=192.168.0.112 port=5000

Apparently, ‘/usr/bin/csd’ binary manages video streaming; 14% of CPU load when the video starts on QGC. This binary is released in firmware, so no access to the source code if I have understood correctly.

2 questions:

1- Is it possible to stream USB camera to QGC directly with GStreamer? In this case, if no HDMI camera is connected to Emlid Edge, does that make sense on CPU load?

2- If not, is it possible in Emlid Edge to modify a configuration file to use USB camera (for example /dev/video0) instead of HDMI-IN ?

Thank you.

Hi @fako,

In the meantime, it isn’t possible to stream USB camera with GStreamer.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.