Using RS2 in Israel

Has anyone used Emlid products in Israel? The official Israeli geoid model (ILUM 2.0) is not in ReachView, so I’m not receiving the desired elevations.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, currently, ReachView 3 doesn’t support the ILUM 2.0 vertical datum. I remember we were in touch with you via email a while ago. I’ve noted your request for this geoid model and passed it to the team.

At the same time, as a current workaround, it should be possible to use 3rd-party converters. Have you tried them?

2 Likes

Hi Julia,

It’s good to reconnect with you. I have other colleagues in the archaeology field who may be interested in using Emlid receivers for surveying, so I wanted to open this topic on the forum in case others have some advice.

I’m a novice when it comes to vertical coordinate systems. Is there a particular 3rd party application you would recommend for my transformations?

2 Likes

Andrew, sorry that my reply took that long!

Hmm, I can’t recommend you exact software that supports this vertical datum. But usually, there should be tools provided by the organization that develops and supports the geoid model. As I understand, ILUM 2.0 is an official model in Israel. So I’d check it with your local geodetic authorities.

1 Like

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that a while ago, we added transformation for Israel coordinate systems: Israeli Grid 05/12 and Israeli Grid 05. So if you had a chance to test working with them in Emlid Flow, don’t hesitate to share your feedback with us!

Adding an ILUM 2.0 geoid model is a bit more complicated process since it requires agreeing with local authorities. But if there are any updates on this, I’ll post them here.

2 Likes

Hi Julia,

Thanks for adding the new Israeli grids and the ILUM geoid! They seem to be working well as I have been using them for about a week with no problems.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Hi Andrew,

Yep, the ILUM 2.0 geoid is now available in Emlid Flow and Emlid Flow 360! Glad to hear it’s working well for you. Nothing motivates us more than your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes