Using reach for RTK algorithm study

I’m studying RTK algorithms as part of my PhD research and I’m looking at Reach as a possible solution for testing algorithms.

So my first question is is this possible with Reach? I understand that Reach uses rtklib which is open-source but I’m not really familiar with it. Up to now I kind of had the understanding that rtklib needs to run on a PC in a windows environment. Does Reach actually use rtklib in real-time? Would I be able to make changes to it to run my own algorithms?

Also, would it be possible to use more than one receiver with one base?

Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, this is totally possible. RTKLIB has two versions - a GUI version for Windows and a CLI version for Linux. The CLI version has all the same functionality, which Reach takes full advantage of.

Yep

Yeah, sure. Reach is fully autonomous, you can perform the whole development process onboard.[quote=“HadiT, post:1, topic:2452”]
Also, would it be possible to use more than one receiver with one base?
[/quote]

Technically you can use the same base corrections for as many rover devices as you want, however, right now base mode needs some external help to duplicate streams. We are working on fixing that. At this time this can easily be overcome with post-processing though.