Using physical connection?

I would like to avoid using the wifi connection and instead connect directly to the Reach via either the DB9 Adapter cable or the USB-C Connection to my computer. Is there a way to

1. Access the settings webpage via a physical connection?
  2. Get logged data off system via a physical connection?

Reach RS3 Firmware version: 31.8

Is there specific software that I need to use instead of an application like putty/filezilla?

1 Like

Hi Priyank Patel,

We setup our device to be connected using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth through the Emlid Flow application. Can you elaborate on why you need to connect and get logs through a physical connection?

Hello Olesia,

There are times we might need to keep our laptop’s wifi/bluetooth off, is there no way to connect to it with a wired connection using the DB9 Adapter or USB C connection? Like using putty or ftp connection?

Also, side question is there a way to disable the wifi?

Thanks,

Priyank

Patel,

If you have a Linux/MAC device, you can connect to Reach via USB-C and type in 192.168.2.15 in the browser. This will connect you to the Reach Panel and allow you to set up a device.

You can disable Wi-Fi in the Emlid Flow application: Wi-Fi > scroll till the end > Turn off. After the device restarts, it will be enabled again.

So I’ll try out Linux/MAC but curious in Windows the USBC shows up in device manager as ReachRS3 but without any drivers it can find, are there drivers that could work in Windows? Does this mean in Linux/MAC the USBC shows up as a network device and can be accessible via 192.168.2.15 without connecting to wifi?

Also, what is the RS232 cable used for if you can’t access data with it?

Patel,

Yes, 192.168.2.15 on Mac/Linux will be accessible even without an internet connection as long as the unit is connected to the device via USB-C.

All necessary drivers for Reach are installed with the Firmware Flash Tool, but even with it installed, we support the 2.15 connection only on Mac/Linux.

We use a custom RS232 cable; you can find the specs here. But you can use only USB-C to connect to the device without an Internet or Bluetooth connection.